M-Files has recently released several improvements and bug fixes in their latest update. This blog post will summarize each issue and provide an overview of the solutions and improvements.
- When upgrading/creating SQL Server vault, an error message appears: “Must declare the scalar variable ‘@iRights'”, if SQL Server has been installed as case-sensitive on the server level.
- An empty date value can cause the metadata card to not open in M-Files Web.
- Particular views and workflows with ACL filters in MSSQL vaults may result in an inability to edit vault objects.
- An incomplete upgrade of an offline vault can cause the database connection to be lost.
- In a view with a grouping level, the filter is now applied to the list of folders in the folder selection.
- Automatic logout settings are modifiable via the M-Files Admin configuration.
- Clicking the M-Files logo in Top Panel now opens the default landing page in M-Files Desktop. The “All” page opens if the default landing page is not defined or available (e.g., in Offline mode).
- Advanced Outlook Integration is now available in M-Files.
- In a multi-server mode environment, when admins attach a vault that has already been attached to at least one server, the ignore vault options check box is now selected by default.
- New links feature now support views in M-Files Web and M-Files Desktop. (As an alternative, don’t forget to check out our Fancy Links application 😉 )
- M-Files Web Companion enables locally installed Windows/Mac applications to edit files with M-Files Web.
- When a user drags and drops emails to an M-Files folder in Microsoft Outlook, and the folder already contains imported emails, the user can confirm or ignore it as a mass operation.
- The new M-Files Web uses the browser’s preferred language to format numeric property values.
- When M-Files Desktop opens, occasional flickering is now prevented. Also, the performance of loading the user interface is improved.
- Effortless sharing of M-Files documents to collaboration use cases with a new built-in Share object type and additive automatic permissions.
- The new M-Files Web now supports links that do not include the object GUID.
- As part of replication in a multitenant cloud environment, it is now possible for Vault Admins to import either unchanged or signed scripts.
- Two new mobile-specific settings have been added to the Advanced Vault Settings section in M-Files Admin (Configuration > Client > Mobile > Listing).
- The first setting specifies the maximum number of objects shown in groups of search results.
- The second setting specifies the maximum number of items shown in views (HTTPS) or objects shown in groups under views (gRPC).
- With gRPC connections, there is also a Show More command in views and search results if the listing contains more items than specified in the settings.
- The clickable area of the tabs in M-Files Desktop has been increased, making it easier to select the tabs (for example, Recent, Pinned or one of our fantastic M-Files Portals! (Find out more about our Portals application here)).
In summary, M-Files has fixed several defects and implemented various improvements, providing users a better and more efficient experience. The improvements include support for Advanced Outlook Integration, effortless sharing of M-Files documents, and a better user interface experience on both desktop and mobile.